McDonald's sells Chicken McNuggets in boxes of 6, 9, or 20. Obviously
one could purchase exactly 15 McNuggets by buying a box of 6 and a box of
9. Using only combinations of boxes of 6, 9, and/or 20 McNuggets,
- Could you purchase exactly 17 McNuggets?
- How would you purchase exactly 53 McNuggets?
- What is the largest number for which it is impossible to purchase exactly that number of McNuggets?
- Let's say you could only buy the McNuggets in boxes of 7, 11, and 17. What is the largest number for which it is impossible to purchase exactly that number of McNuggets?
Interactive webpage for this problem. (Internet Explorer ONLY)
Spreadsheet for this problem.
Document originated on: December 31, 2003 12:24 p.m.